Friday, September 28, 2012

Fifty Shades of....Sex

Alright so I finally started reading Fifty Shades of Grey.  I was a little afraid at first since I like my sex followed by fighting and/or death of something awful and evil.  So on a trip to a Dr. appointment, I picked it up to see what all the buzz was about.




I have talked to people that loved it and people that hated it.  There seems to be no one on the fence with this book.  So I began my journey through the sex filled pages.  I liked the use of all kinds of toys, however a spanking over the knee is completely not a turn on for me.  However, I do believe that all of the sex and toy usage is necessary for the story.  It helps define the main characters.  Everyone has a problem with the past and show it in different ways.  Like for example, how many of you like the lights off?  Or maybe likes to be in control of every sexual adventure?  There is a reason for that and a reason Mr. Grey likes sex a little rough.  I can't wait to find out more about his past in the next of the series.  You can easily guess after the first book, but I do love things spelled out for me in the end.

Overall I kind of liked it.  It is a different twist on romance novels and messed up childhood scenarios.  I really like to see someone brave enough to write something that is so far from your traditional 'vanilla' romance novel.  It is fun and better than talking to a sex therapist.

No comments:

Post a Comment