Saturday, March 30, 2013

Brave...Another Disney Hit at Mothers


Ok I love Disney movies.  They are cute and funny at times.  Kids love them and what child or adult does not want to go to the magical place with rides and amusements to meet their favorite characters with a big hug or to be a princess for a day? Their movies have great animation that gets better each year and completely original story lines, except for one thing.  The mother.

Why does Disney always try to get rid of they mother? Bambi's mother gets shot, Nemo's gets eaten, what ever happened to Cinderella's mommy, and now Brave.  A bear.... ok so it fits the story line and she does come back back. One small win for mothers every where.

The trend has gone on for so long that it has to be one of the long kept secrets of the huge brand of Disney.  There are so many different movies made over the years with out mothers in them that it could not have been just one animator pissed because of the loss of his mommy.  I never really though about this growing up. Then I had  a wonderfully smart little boy that asked "Where is their mom?"  It got me thinking and I had no answer.

So my question is why is the happiest place on earth trying to scare the crap out of their primary market?  At least we finally see a mother in Shrek.  Maybe Disney needs a few girls working for them.  A little change never hurts.  I am open if you would like a few honest suggestions on any topic to better your company. Plus my child is dying to visit Animal Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment